You love riding back roads on your adventure bike - it makes you feel alive. One sunny day you're out with a couple of mates riding gravel back roads like you have done hundreds of times before. You hit the twisties and for some unknown reason your mate comes off right in front of you.
You're riding a little close - you swerve and hit a big rock at the side of the road. You end up on your back sliding through the gravel.
This is when you realise that investing in a Helite Air Jacket was the smartest thing you've done all year! At the time it seemed a bit expensive - it doesn't now!
Helite airbag Touring Adventure jacket is now in Australia - the only jacket you'll need!
The future in protective clothing is here now.
The recently improved and updated design of the Helite motorcycle adventure jacket was designed from the ground up and uses CE certified armours to protect the shoulders, elbows and the spine but most importantly, the Helite jacket also incorporates a CE certified airbag system.
In the event of an accident, when the rider is thrown from the motorcycle, the airbag jacket instantly inflates (within 100 milliseconds) to protect the rider's upper body.
The activation is simple and automatic. A coiled wire attaches the motorcycle to the airbag jacket. If the rider is abnormally separated from the motorcycle, the coiled wire triggers the release of cO2 gas to inflate the air cushions. The inflated jacket protects vulnerable parts of the upper body to prevent from serious injuries. After a few seconds the jacket deflates automatically. Once the jacket is deflated, a new cartridge can be installed and the jacket is ready to be reused.
Helite knows it cannot protect a motorcyclist from the worst accident situations like hitting a truck head on at 130 km/hour. However, Helite's objective has been to constantly improve the airbag jacket in order to increase the number of situations from which a motorcyclist can be saved by the airbag.
NB Check the sizing chart near the jacket photo. If your size is not ins tock, delivery takes 2-3 weeks.
According to a European study 48% of fatal accidents happen in the country and only 8% on the highways. These numbers confirm the importance of airbag jackets for motorcyclists. The garments are very effective in the city and the country, where the speed is not maximal but the dangerous obstacles are numerous.
When you invest in a Helite airbag touring jacket you get:
- New and improved (and more comfortable) design
- CE certified Turtle Airbag that fully inflates in 100 ms
- SES-TEC CE certified removable back protector
- KNOX CE certified protector for shoulders and elbows
- An outer jacket shell made of technical Cordura that is very resistant against abrasion and tear
- Water resistant and windproof Humax technology designed to create a protective barrier against the elements while allowing moisture to escape from within.
- Seams are welded with a special heat sealed tape to ensure no water can penetrate from the outside
- Comfortable soft collar and adjustable front and back arm
- Adjustable waist straps for a nice fit
- Many practical outside and inner pockets
- One tether for your motorcycle
- One cO2 cartridge. NB this ensures Airbag deployment in less than 100 milliseconds
Refer to our sizing guide for help with getting the right size jacket for you. If you have any difficulties or you have additional sizing questions call us at +61 8 8339 6781 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
NB Please note that if your size is not in stock delivery takes 2-3 weeks
Sizes 5XL and 6XL are only available in black
Please not that there is an insured postage fee calculated at the checkout.